Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Technology to Help the Teaching and Learning Process in the Classroom

So far in this semester I have learned a lot about using different aspects of technology to help the teaching and learning process in the classroom. By using a teacher web page I will be more accessible to my students and their parents, and also this will help in keeping track of assignments for the students sake. They would simply have to just get on my teacher web page and check what would be due the next day. Another aspect of using technology in the classroom is the use of web quests. By using these online tools I would help students to be able to look up accurate information for the web quest, be an autonomous learner, and help them for the future in finding information online, instead of using Wikipedia or another sight that might give them the wrong information. The web quest gives students an opportunity to look for the correct information on legitimate websites. Another tool that I was so excited to learn about was the Windows Movie Maker! I loved getting to find things online to use at Creative Commons, or use my own videos and pictures, to make movies. I could definitely use these in the classroom to show my students different ways to do something, or even use a video online to instruct my students in how to do something. The final thing that I learned would help me in the classroom a lot is blogging. By having my students use blogs I can get their feedback on readings from class and how certain lessons affected them personally. These blogs would also be great for the students to use personally in their lives, especially after they have been through my class. I feel that I can successfully use these, and many more, technological tools in the teaching and learning process in my classroom thanks to the Instructional Technology class here at Malone University. This class has helped me to be more comfortable with using technology in the classroom, and to have a better understanding of how it can reach all the different types of learners that will pass through my classroom door when I become a teacher.

1 comment:

  1. Lydia, it sounds like you're ready to use technology in the classroom!

    ReplyDelete